Tuesday, March 11, 2008

2nd term almost over

The second trimester is almost over and I will shed no tears. While enjoying the time here, I'm looking forward to choosing my own classes in the 2nd year. The education really has been incredible and the perspectives among all the international students has been better than I expected. I still have no summer internship which we are pushed to secure from the time we arrive so things are basically up in the air for the summer.

My sister and her friend came to visit Tessa and I this week and on Saturday we are all heading to Paris. Next week is Easter/Spring break which means a 10 day vacation between 2nd and 3rd term.

Today I sent them to the tourist area of Las Ramblas, the Barrio Gotico and to one of the best markets in the world; La Boqeria. They are also heading to Parc Guell, one of Gaudi's most accessible creations and probably the most whimsical park anywhere.

Future travel plans include Amsterdam at the end of April, Portugal in May and most likely Morocco as well. Tessa will probably miss out on these events as she is planning to move back to the states to start a catering business with her friend. Currently she is attending language school at Esade and improving her Spanish daily. Last week she ran and completed the Barcelona marathon in 4'35. Amazing considering her training consisted of going to the gym no more than three times a week for about an hour each time.

Time to read a case for my next class. I'll try to post some pictures one of these days.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Come visit Sweden, dammit!!! Or maybe I should join you in Morocco/Portugal or something... :) Hope school isn't killing you!!

Jared said...

I'm thinking of coming there in June after I get out of school but it depends on my summer internship. Will you be around? This summer. Otherwise, you are welcome to come along to Portugal and/or Morocco.